The Communities Pulling Together program enables stewardship organizations and volunteers to learn about and remove local invasive plants. Participants gain hands-on experience by helping to remove an invasive plant infestation in their community. Stewardship groups that successfully complete a weed pull event receive a *$200 honorarium.
*Honorariums are based on availability of funding and go directly to the stewardship group/organization.
Volunteer groups must meet the following criteria in order to participate:
- Liability insurance ($2 million) in place prior to event
- Work with regional committee to identify infestation sites
- Minimum of 10 volunteers
- Appropriate weed disposal organized
- Appropriate clothing (long pants/shirts, closed toe shoes)
- First Aid Kit
- One adult for every five children participating
- Pickup Truck (if possible)
- Commit to four hours of weed pulling
If you meet the above criteria, please contact the ISCBC office at 1-888-933-3722 to register your weed pull event.
- Volunteer Groups
- Regional Committees
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Become a member of the Spotter’s Network
Any volunteer group, organization, school or club who meets the criteria below can participate in a Communities Pulling Together weed pull event. Groups that complete a successful weed pull event will receive a $200 honorarium.
Communities Pulling Together invasive plant pulls need to be coordinated between the participating volunteer group and respective regional invasive plant committee.