Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions of Membership (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before joining as a member (“Member”) of the Invasive Species Research Hub (the “Service”) operated by the Invasive Species Council of BC (“ISCBC”). Last updated: April 18, 2019
- Acceptance of Terms
- Membership of the Research Hub is conditional on the Member’s acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all Members who access or use the Service.
- By accessing or using the Service the Member agrees to be bound by these Terms.
- If the Member disagrees with any part of the Terms they may not join the Service.
Community Guidelines and Rules of Conduct
- Posting material without permission or posting misleading content is prohibited.
- The use of offensive language is not permitted. The Service has a no-tolerance policy towards harassment.
- The Member must be 18 years of age or older.
- When the Member creates a profile on the Service the information provided must be accurate. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of membership of the Service.
- The Member should endeavour to keep their profile information current.
- The Member is responsible for safeguarding their password for accessing the Service and for any activities or actions under the password, whether the Member’s password is with the Service or a third-party service.
- The Member agrees not to disclose their password to any third party. The Member must notify ISCBC immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of their account.
- ISCBC or the Member may terminate membership to the Service, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, breach of Terms.
- All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Upon termination, the Member’s right to use the Service will immediately cease. If the Member wishes to terminate their membership they should request membership termination by contacting ISCBC.
Changes to Membership Terms
- ISCBC reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material, ISCBC will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new Terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at ISCBC’s sole discretion.
- By continuing to access or use the Service after revisions become effective, the Member agrees to be bound by the revised Terms. If the Member does not agree to the new Terms, the Member should request membership Termination by contacting ISCBC.
- Website content provided in the Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by ISCBC.
- ISCBC has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party web sites or services. The Member further acknowledges and agrees that ISCBC shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
- ISCBC strongly advises the Member to read the Terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that the Member visits.
- For any questions about these Terms, please contact ISCBC at email@example.com